|Using the Total Alignment Process, an entirely new strategic approach to sales, we provide our clients with the thinking, tools and skills that lead to dramatically improved results.
For example, our sales consultants helped one company discover that it was asking its' sales team to sell a product with a very long delivery time. By temporarily emphasizing sales of an alternate product that was immediately available, sales increased by 39% in one month.
The Waterhouse Group provides hands-on, skills-based sales training on variety of front-line and management topics. These interactive workshops go beyond theory, providing sales teams with the skills, strategies and support they need to create long-lasting, company change.
|Successful companies utilize The Waterhouse Group
sales consulting expertise to overcome one or more of the following challenges:
- Disappointing sales
- Missed sales quotas
- Eroding market share
- Increased competition
- Ineffective incentive programs
(see some suggestions below)
Our sales consulting services can be provided as a stand-alone activity or in conjunction with The Waterhouse Group's sales training and/or coaching services.
Our sales consultants work in close collaboration with various levels within an organization, from the CEO, division directors and regional sales managers to the front-line sales representatives. We first help companies identify critical issues and problems and pinpoint their root cause(s). We then help them develop effective solutions and steer them in the right direction.
Sales Team Incentives
How do you motivate your sales team?
The answer is not as simple as a sales incentive formula or copying what
other companies have done. The answer must fit your goals and corporate culture.
Here is a list of questions that will help you start the process of developing
your sales incentives.
What to reward
- What behaviors do you want repeated?
- What behaviors do you want eliminated?
- What outcomes are clearly measurable?
- What has been traditionally rewarded?
- What rewards are expected?
Who to reward
- Who will respond positively to added incentives?
- Who will respond negatively to other's incentives?
- Who do you want to include in 'the team'?
- What type of hierarchy are you attempting to establish or destroy?
- If everyone knew everyone else's incentives, what would the reaction be?
- What power do you have to affect pay in other departments?
How much to reward
- What percentage of their work is mandated?
- What will happen it they miss their goals?
- How will you handle big sales?
- How will you handle slow times?
- How much is needed to affect behavior changes?
- Will everyone be on the same scale?
How to reward
- Is cash the primary motivator?
- Will trips or prizes have other benefits?
- What is expected?
- What can you easily, quickly and fairly administer?
These are just a few of the questions we ask our clients when helping them
develop effective sales team incentive programs. If you would like to learn
more, please contact us at 904-269-2299 or